They came from a land down under...


12.02.2013, Mia



… and I was lucky enough to watch their deeply touching film “Satellite Boy” AND to make an interview with them afterwards.

Generation Reporter: How did you find the actors?
Catriona McKenzie (director): We drove thousands and thousands of kilometers around the Kimberley (Western Australia) - with fairly no budget. So we literally had to stop at the side of the road and just camped.
In Fitzroy Crossing we found Cameron. He was playing outside under a tree. And we said: “Come on, and come in auditioning.”  And then, that is the moment when I listen a lot to my body if he could do it: “Yes or no”. This was the beginning and then we found Joseph in Wyndham. He is a real good football player. And we put them together which was a great pair. That’s how we do it.
GR: How long did it take you to make the film?
Catriona (director): About six weeks of filming and about two weeks for cutting. But a lot of time to prepare it.

GR: How was filming for you?
Joseph (Kalmain): It was a pretty different experience, I guess. But I mean the crew were really good and they helped me through my acting a lot. And I really enjoyed it.
GR: Was it your first time filming?
Joseph (Kalmain): Yes, it was my first time.

GR: How was filming for you?
Cameron (Pete): Hard. Pretty hard.
GR: Did you walk through the bush on your own like in the film before?
Cameron (Pete): Yes, I did. ( Looking quite serious saying that.)

GR: Ok, thanks.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen